Wednesday, June 13, 2012

24 weeks... viability!

Saturday was 24 weeks for us. In the medical world, this is the point of viability in a pregnancy... basically, if something were to happen and Caius needed to come anytime between now and September (God Forbid!) he would have a better chance of making it than not making it. It's a very comforting feeling, although I have been one of the fortunate ones who has had no complications during pregnancy so the likelihood of Caius coming before his time is very slim.

In other news, Caius has been such a simple baby thus far. With Landon, I was hungry all the time as well as nauseous and I was always emotionally compromised and cried over everything. Landon also kicked and punched and squirmed like nobodies business! Caius is the opposite... he is active more on some days versus others, but he is so mellow with his movements. I feel more emotionally stable, my nausea has been gone for quite a while, and I hardly get hungrier than I would normally. Granted, there are days where I feel hungrier than others, but ultimately I am eating like I normally would when I'm not pregnant.

The last few days I have been getting a little bit of heartburn off and on. Sadly, I am excited about it because I believe the old wives tale of "women who have heartburn during pregnancy have babies with hair. women without heartburn have bald babies". I would love Caius to have hair! Bald babies are absolutely adorable and I will love Caius with or without hair... but it would be great to say I've had the best of both worlds: Bald and head full of hair =D


I also wanted to say my mom is AMAZING! She ordered and sent me a body pillow that I will be getting this week, as well as an ADORABLE baby bath! Look at how flipping sweet it is!!! I'm not quite sure how it's supposed to work, but I cannot wait to find out! I saw these on my forum a while ago (somebody had posted about them) and thought they were just the most precious bathtub I've ever seen in my life, but did not want to spend the money on it. I never even told my mom so it's amazing that she found them, let alone ordered us one! THANK YOU MOM!! I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment