Friday, June 29, 2012

Pressure: physical and feeling under

Holy moly.... the amount of pressure that this little boy can put on my hips and pelvis is incredible.  Luckily he doesn't sit that way very often anymore, but today he has been mercilessly cuddling up on my pelvis and it is just KILLING me. I believe he is somewhere between 2-3lbs officially now. He's been a "pelvis cuddle-r" since around the time I started feeling him moving in the beginning of the second trimester.... I thought back then that he was heavy when he laid in that general area... I was wrong. It's MUCH worse now. I can only pray that the bigger he gets, the more he will stay upwards in the uterus and NOT lay in my pelvis very often. It feels like a bowling ball hanging out inside of me =P So uncomfortable and occasionally painful.

I also started having braxton hicks today. I had one earlier this morning and drank a ton of water all day long (which I had to anyway seeing as it's been outrageously hot!!) The cramping and contractions stopped for a while and I felt increasingly better. Then around 1-2pm today is when Caius decided he needed to lay on my pelvis and I was so uncomfortable for a while. I took a nap and that helped relieve some pressure while I was laying down. On my way to work I had another braxton hicks contraction. I drank a ton more water and it went away again. Sadly, I just got home not too long ago and I had yet another one. I am beginning to wonder if him laying awkwardly/so low triggers these false contractions to occur... probably not, but just a thought.

I have been thinking a lot lately about how close I am getting to my due date. July is sneaking up on me and then I have August to get through. I honestly think I will be having this little boy a few days, if not a week or two earlier than anticipated. It's a feeling that I can't shake... as long as he makes it to 37 weeks, I am fine with him coming when he is ready after that. However, the realization that he could be coming BEFORE the bitter end of September makes me start to feel frantic about getting stuff done. AHHHH!!!

Next week is the magical week I can start SERIOUSLY preparing our house for his arrival. I don't think it's going to be too much work, but with how tired I get so easily it might take me longer than I'd like. Whether it takes a week to finish the ideas I have in my head or until Caius comes out, I could care less... I am just thrilled to be able to FINALLY start getting everything ready for him! I'm sure once I get things the way I see them in my head currently I will feel satisfied for a while... and I also think I will reorganize and rearrange stuff continuously until he comes just to occupy myself =)

I can't wait to meet this newest addition growing inside of me =) I can already tell he is going to enrich our lives further and bring some wonderful changes to our family =)

No comments:

Post a Comment