Thursday, August 2, 2012

*almost* 32 week update

I just had my recent OB appointment yesterday morning, and we are scheduled to see the doctor every 2 weeks now! I think I see him every 2 weeks until I'm 36 or 38 weeks along and then I go every week until Caius comes, if he doesn't come before then.

Some good news to come out of my appointment: I passed my glucose test!! No gestational diabetes which is absolutely great! I thought for sure I would be failing it and then have to take the 3-hour glucose test (which I could have still failed)... My blood pressure is still completely under control, and Caius' head is down where it should be =) I thought he was head down because I have been getting a LOT of kicks and jabs in my ribs which felt like feet, lol! The best news of all (for me, at least) is that his absurd growing has slowed down significantly (still in the normal/healthy range of course) and the doctor predicted we will be having a nice 8lb baby again as opposed to a 10lb chunker. I was SO relieved to hear this... at least I know I can deliver an 8lb baby... LOL!

Little monster has been rolling and moving constantly... some of it pretty cool to feel, and some of it relatively painful. He has some sharp elbows and feet when he gets into his jabbing fits, that's for sure! I'm glad he's so strong and healthy =) He hiccups a lot now too, meaning he is practicing his breathing and getting ready for his grand entrance into the world. I have also been having some seriously annoying braxton-hicks contractions recently. On average, they are pretty mild and only happen a few times a day, if that. But then there are some days where they almost feel like normal, regular contractions. Quite uncomfortable and obnoxious.

I still believe this little charmer will be coming at least a week early, if not earlier. Just a feeling I have...

I packed my hospital bag tonight for both myself and Caius. I'm still missing a few things, but they will end up being last-minute things that will need to be grabbed when the time comes. One less thing to worry about in the meantime...

We finally rearranged our bedroom like I had been wanting to do... and our bed is now positioned so it is by the A/C vent in the floor and I have a fan blowing directly behind it onto our bed... it is HEAVENLY to say the least! I haven't been hot ONCE at nighttime (which was a common problem) since we moved the bed.. I don't know why we kept putting off getting things accomplished for so long, lol!

I still have incredibly pained hip problems, occasional heartburn now too.... Alex and I started doing yoga after Landon goes to bed and it is INCREDIBLY difficult to do with a giant belly... and to think it's only going to get bigger!!

I can't wait to meet our little miracle =) It won't be too much longer now!

No comments:

Post a Comment