Sunday, August 19, 2012

Hanging out in baby limbo

Well, I shouldn't really call it "limbo". It's not... we will be having this little boy arrive between next month or early October. It will happen, it's just a matter of when.

The weeks just keep ticking by. Here I am at 34 weeks and 1 day, and while it doesn't sound that close in my head, when I say outloud that we have about 6 weeks left it feels like it's sooooooo close. One of the girls from our due date club had a false-alarm labor a few days ago. She was having steady, painful contractions and losing her mucus plug/having a bloody show for a good 36 hours and we all thought for sure she was going to have her baby. Unfortunately, all of the labor signs stopped and she's had aboslutely no "action" since then.

Recently, Caius has had some interesting movements. He will move all his appendages at once (or so it seems!) and it just makes breathing/moving incredibly painful and difficult. He has days where he is higher up in my abdomen and then days where he feels like he's "engaged" and getting ready to throw me into labor. He's always head down now, but on days where he is lower I can be walking around and feel like I have a 20lb bowling ball waiting to fall out my hoo-haa... or my FAVORITE: I will be walking around and get shooting pains up my lady parts and it makes it SOOOO difficult to walk. I usually end up having to sit down and relax for a good hour or so before they go away completely.

Heartburn has been more readily present in my system... but it's never anything more than what a simple regular strength Zantac will take care of. I have also been craving onion rings the last few days like a MAD MAN. I've only given in a few times and don't plan on doing so anymore since I promised myself I would watch what I ate, especially towards the end of this pregnancy when it's SOOOOOO easy to gain a whole mess of weight.

I still feel like this little guy will be coming early, but I've also started to let myself consider what we would do if he ends up coming a little later than anticipated... aka, in October. I've started making myself get more active on a daily basis and am increasing what I do every day so hopefully the extra stress of excercise and keeping busy will help labor commense in a decent amount of time.

I cannot wait to have ladies in my due date club start popping out babies. I am pretty sure I will be one of the final few to have their baby, so living vicariously/obsessively through them will definitely be a plus for me while I await to arrival of Caius. We have several ladies who are 37/38 weeks along now and are all having small signs of impending labor. One of them is bound to go soon!!! I cannot wait for us all to meet our little ones and be out of this miserable FINAL stage of pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment