Thursday, September 13, 2012

Full term

As of Saturday, I am *officially* full term and Caius is free and clear to come whenever he would like. SO EXCITING!! So, obviously me being the overly-anxious person I am, I am analyzing and praying every false contraction I have will eventually turn into true labor. I do my best to not think about it (after all, it will happen when it's meant to happen, and NOTHING I do will change that fact) but it's so hard.

I decided yesterday I was OFFICIALLY DONE being pregnant with this little guy. I'm over it... I don't want to sound ungrateful, because I know how much others struggle to be in the position I am in, but I want to be honest on my own blog. I'm sure in a few years I will miss his kicks and how easy it was when it was just Landon we had to worry about and Caius was safe in my belly... but in the meantime, I'm anxious to meet him and have our family of four together, I'm anxious to start my maternity leave and be home with my boys and have my mom come visit at the end of my leave, and I'm SO ready to have my body back (breathing normal, sleeping however I want to, be able to keep up with Landon and the housework)..... I just want him here.

Nothing too terribly exciting to report. Most things are the same, but there are a few differences... still mild nausea every few weeks, mild heartburn on occasion (once every few days), and my eating changes daily. Some days I am insatiable, and other days I have to remember to eat a few snacks here and there. A *new* symptom I've acquired over the last 3 days is swollen feet... not just swollen, but PAINFUL as well. It's completely tolerable but still stinks to have one more "inconvenience"... I am VERY thankful though since this pregnancy could be going a hell of a lot worse than what it has been. My weight gain is pretty steady. I had an appointment yesterday morning and had gained 3lbs in one week (average) but the doctor was happy because I haven't gained anything for 4 weeks prior. My total weight gain thus far is 20lbs. I am quite happy with that number!

I really wanted my doctor to check me at my appointment yesterday. A few days prior, I had had some pretty intense and seemingly regular contractions so I was hoping he could tell me if they had done anything for my progression. He didn't want to "disappoint" me but promised he would check next week at my appointment. I have hope that he will have *some* kind of news to tell me next week, but I'm also preparing myself to hear him tell me that there's no progress. I know it doesn't mean anything when it comes to babies, because ANYTHING can happen at any time when it comes to true labor, which can occur at any time and of it's own accord. Sixteen days until his due date!!!

Come on out Caius!! It's time to meet your family and be here with us forever. I can't wait to kiss and love your beautiful little face!

No comments:

Post a Comment