Thursday, September 22, 2011

I am very blessed =)

I've been on several different trying to conceive/motherhood forums recently and have read many interesting things... Landon has been giving us a hard time when it comes to going to sleep at night recently, so I thought I would read around and post a couple questions just to see what I could find. Naturally, everything people had to say was all stuff we have done/tried with Landon. It's gotten better... he's just somehow obtaining more and more energy every single day that we need to figure out how to burn off before bedtime... Which is completely fine and is exactly what a healthy 3-almost-4 year-old should have happen =)

I did, however, run across a random post of somebody about how she has a stepson and she and her husband get him every other weekend. This boy was having problems in school with his behavior (hes in the first grade, mind you) and I guess the mother of this child is not keen on discipline. She wrote and said that she and her hubby (the child's father) are expecting their first child together in December. While at babies r us the other day, the lady asked the boy an opinion on an outfit she was going to get for his soon-to-be sister, and his response was "How does she like this?" and punched her in the stomach! The father of this boy tried to convince his wife that he didn't know what he was doing.... umm, whatever.

Anyway, it got me thinking about how incredibly blessed I am to have had such a wonderful, nurturing, and overall compassionate upbringing and it's reflected again in my part of the new generation I created. Landon is such a loving child... a little rambunctious at times, but he cares deeply about others, knows the difference between right and wrong, and is a wonderfully well-behaved little boy for his age. Again, he has his off days, as does every imperfect human being... but he is such a wonderful person and I couldn't be more proud to be his mother. I am proud to know I have given him such a solid, steady foundation for his life emotionally. He knows he's loved 100% and beyond; he knows that you need to treat others the way you want to be treated.

There isn't much I can do about other kids' upbringings, but my heart does bleed for those families who cannot stand one another and have nothing in their hearts but anguish and pain because that is all they know. It's a vicious circle that they will likely never break free from... but my kids, my kids kids and so on will all know what it is to be loved unconditionally, to have compassion, to know the goodness of giving over receiving... I am so lucky to have had the childhood I did, the parents and family I did, the morals I did... I am incredibly blessed and could not ask for a better life <3

No comments:

Post a Comment