Monday, October 8, 2012

He's here!!!

I will do a full-on birth story another day, but I just wanted to take a minute to update this blog and say that HE'S HERE!!!

Induction was Friday the 5th at 6am and all went as planned. Caius Jarett Thurmer was born at 1:36pm October 5th, 2012 weighing 8lbs 14oz and 21.5" long! BIG BOY!

We are home (today was our first FULL day at home, last night was our first night at home!) and we are doing so well. He has been nothing but a complete delight and has fit into our lives so easily. He's a carefree baby so far and breastfeeds like a champ! =) Landon has been a complete angel with Caius and has shown absolutely NO jealousy. He kisses Caius, tells him he loves him, tickles him, hugs him, LOVES holding him.... they are the most precious site to see together. My heart bubbles over with pride and gushes love when I see them together. Landon couldn't be more proud to be a big brother!

I have had my milk come in in the last 24 hours and have been able to exclusively breastfeed Caius AND I am building a nice little stash in our freezer for when I go back to work. Sadly, today we had to introduce the bottle to Caius. He did well with it, but it killed me to give him the bottle over breast. I will be away for a few hours tomorrow while Alex is home with both boys and will need to be able to feed Caius.... luckily, it will only be a couple hours for this one day, and then no more again until I go back to work. Hopefully having the bottle these few hours will not mess up the great breastfeeding experience we are having.... I never got this experience with Landon and I am adoring it with Caius.

He is so precious and perfect... I am so thankful he is here finally! We waited years for him and it's hard to believe that after all this time he is finally here for good. It's a wonderful, fulfilling feeling. Thank you Lord for blessing me with these amazing boys <3

No comments:

Post a Comment