Monday, October 1, 2012

Is this it finally???

So, it's October 1st, and we will officially have an October baby now. I'm over that fact at this point; I just want him here!

Yesterday afternoon around 4:30 I started having mild contractions off and on, but it was the first time I have had them while it feels like his head was engaged. After several hours (I stayed up until about 11pm) the contractions didn't disappear. However, they hadn't gotten any closer together either. I decided I would just sleep and see what the next day brought. I had just assumed my body would do what it has done every other time: reset itself and I would feel great by morning.

Luckily, I have been wrong so far!

I woke up at LEAST 3 times I can remember to painful contractions... again, nothing regular, but they were quite painful and I couldn't sleep until they were over. Fast forward to 5am, I woke up again but this time to go to the bathroom. When I was finished, I laid in bed wide awake. My contractions were still going. About 5:30am rolled around and Alex's alarm for work didn't go off, so I ended up waking him up myself (very lucky that I was up at that time to get him up!) so I got up with him and spent a little bit of time with him.

I ended up being awake with a couple contractions until about 7:30ish. I fell back asleep and Landon woke me up an hour later. I've been up for an hour now, and since I got up at 5, things have just felt "different" in my body... it's hard to describe. It's almost like the achy muscle feeling you get when you have extreme menstrual cramps (sometimes it affects how your legs feel... and that's what is I am feeling currently) plus I am STILL having contractions. They are more intense than they were yesterday, but I don't think they are any closer together.

I have no idea if this is FINALLY baby day or what, but I am REAAAAAALLY hoping it is! All I can do it go about my day, wait and find out....

To be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment