Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My wish list =)

I am 4weeks and 3 days, going by my prediction on ovulation... and 7 days before my first OB appt! I am feeling better overall... cramping is down to a minimum (if at all) and I just have a very good feeling about it all.

We did our taxes today (first year as a married couple!!!) and we are getting back a decent amount. I was impressed! Since we decided collectively it wouldn't be worth it for us to move from where we are, we decided to use our tax return to catch up on a couple bills, pay off a few credit cards, put some $$ aside for Alex's trip to Chicago in April, our first anniversary, and for a girls' weekend trip for me in June/July. The rest will be put into savings for whatever else we decide we may need it for.

I've decided to start a wish list for this second baby... if it's a boy, we pretty much won't be NEEDING many things. We still have all of Landon's baby clothes. We still have everything we NEED for another baby.... I would, however, like the following (in the order they are listed):

-A new breast pump. My old one was fine, but I think there are DEFINITELY better out there (I'm thinking Medela). I want to exclusively breastfeed this new baby but we will see how it goes... last time's experience WORKED but just barely...
-Cloth Diapers. Don't judge! I don't want to do 100% cloth diapering (who would want to carry around a nasty poop diaper while out and about for the day?) I have a lot to learn before I purchase any but it would be nice to cut down on the cost of diapers.
-A REAL baby swing. We had a little fold-up swing (I sold it at a garage sale) and it really was less than impressive.
-A bassinet... not something horribly needed but it would be nice.... or we can just use the pack-n-play again.. I'm just assuming the baby will be in our room for a few months initially.
-I would love to stock up on formula and disposable diapers. While I've already stated that I want to breast feed exclusively and try cloth diapering, I still would like to be honest with myself and cut down a lot of the cost now.
-Classes. Lamaze and breastfeeding particularly. The nurses taught me a couple things during labor last time that REALLY would have helped tremendously had I of gone to a class. Also, they promised a nurse would walk me through the in's and out's of breastfeeding after Landon was born... wrong. It seems simple but there's really so much that goes into it. I would like to know more.

And finally, I want new maternity clothes. I'm pretty sure my old ones won't fit.... maternity clothes are needed, no if's, and's or but's. It will be fun to go shopping for them as well =) I'm very excited!

Still don't know when we will tell family... I REALLY want to have heard a heartbeat or see an ultrasound to  give me a REAL due date and such... and then I can finally announce it on facebook and other people can read this blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment