Thursday, August 4, 2011

Holy 45 day cycle, batman!

As previously stated, my cycles aren't the average 28-days... Usually between 32-35 days in length. That being said, I have not gone a whole calendar month without aunt flo showing her ghastly face since I was about 13 years old (except when I was preggers with Landon, of course). So naturally, when July came and went without any visitation from every woman's least favorite relative, my mind began to wander...

Sunday the 31st, I took a blue dye test against my better judgment. It ended up with me not looking at it until hours later only to find a super faint positive. I was wigging out... literally going out of my mind. I started out excited, then depressed, then finally apprehensive. I calmed down and realized I shouldn't celebrate until I took a pink dye test... like a First Response one.

This is the picture I took of the blue dye test that turned out positive later, and the "tweak" I did of it to see if I could see the line better after...




I didn't drink much water that night, and woke up first thing the 1st and took a pink dye test. Negative. Big. Fat. Negative. I felt like my lungs collapsed on themselves. I was so disappointed, to say the least. It turned out that "positive" second line on my blue dye was a false evaporation line which commonly happens on blue dye tests AFTER the time frame you are supposed to look at them(about ten minutes after results show up)... which is why I didn't want to take it.

Aunt Flo came pounding and hollering at my door around 3am yesterday morning... and boy was she merciless. Worst period pain I've had since high school! TMI, I'm sure... but luckily Landon was understanding with me (for whatever reason!) and let me have enough time to have the pain subside before he started making his 3-year-old demands. Such a sweetheart..... LOL!

Anyway, now that Aunt Flo is here, I am extremely happy to have a definite yes or no in regards to being pregnant so quickly. I ordered about a bazillion ovulation test strips and they should be here either Monday or Tuesday next week. I cannot wait to start taking them!!!

Here's hoping cycle #2 is extra promising and we get the big fat positive we are hoping for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment