Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Five dpo (days past ovulation)

Five days down, 9 to go until my prejected period starts. Usually, its recommended to test the day your period is due ( the hormone pregnancy tests pick up on is typically at a high enough rate that there is no question of whether or not you are preggo, and to save money on pee sticks.) However, some of the more sensitive sticks can detect the HCG hormone sooner than others.

That being said, I was planning on waiting until 10dpo(four days before my period) to start testing and pray I see something. Its not completely unheard of to start testing at 7-9dpo either. It is just severly unlikely you will get a positive. Why waste the money, right?

Anyway, I decided to wait until 10dpo... So really, I am halfway to my potential BFP!! Heres hoping... To be honest, I am not too hopeful for this month but I pray I will be surprised.

Soooo.... 5dpo "symptoms".... Really not much to talk about. I had very brief, very mild cramping at 3dpo, and again yesterday. I was exhausted all yesterday. Today I really dont feel anything out of the norm for me. I never felt any symptoms with Landon until around 8-9 weeks. So maybe me not feeling anything is a good thing! I have no idea when I ovulated or when my period was actually due with my son, but I know I was late and noticed slight cramping and extreme fatigue once or twice.

I really should stop over-analyzing and just relax. Stressing wont help anything. I am trying my best to just ignore everything to do with trying to conceive and instead become engrossed in packing/planning my trip back home to visit friends and family.

....Sunday morning cannot possibly get here soon enough =( *siiiiigh*....

No comments:

Post a Comment