Sunday, February 5, 2012

6 weeks

Happy Superbowl Sunday! (I don't even know what teams are playing this year... *sigh*)

Today, Sprout is the size of a Lentil or a Sweet Pea... to understand that in basic length, it's about 1/4". It's amazing to think about how fast little ones grow in the course of a few weeks. Two weeks ago Sprout was only the size of a poppy seed. So tiny! It's pretty incredible to think about.

This past week I had my first OB appointment. The doctor didn't do too much (obviously, I am still so early... just some blood work to confirm) although he went by my last period and said I was 7 weeks and some odd days then offered to do an ultrasound. I told him I was pretty sure I was much earlier than 7 weeks and was wanting and ultrasound, but didn't want to NOT see anything. Even though I know it's normal to NOT see anything at 5-ish weeks, I would still worry until my next one. So we agreed that two weeks from Wednesday I would come back specifically for an ultrasound. I am so excited!! That's 10 days from now!! According to my estimated due date, I would be around 7 weeks and 3 days. We should definitely see something by then.

Alex decided to go ahead and tell his family after my appointment because he was too excited to contain such great news. I believe they are all happy (lol!!) and so I decided to go ahead and tell my mom as well. (I also need to tell my brother Ben since he lives with us.... lol!) I sent my mom a picture magnet with four pairs of shoes on it, side by side, and at the bottom it says "We are expanding by two feet. Construction Deadline September 2012." So that should get to her by Valentines days... let's hope she's happy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment