Saturday, February 25, 2012

9 weeks

This week the baby will grow to be about 1" (about the size of a Strawberry) if not a little more; another doubling in size from week 7 to week 9... so awesome =) I have noticed my waistline has changed a bit... normal pants are getting to be snug. I am glad I went ahead and purchased a couple pairs of maternity pants ahead of time... they are SOOOO comfortable to wear. Sadly, I will be needing more than the 2 I purchased but all in good time!

Symptoms for this week are pretty much the same... nausea is better some days more than others. What's really bizarre is the days I feel good, chances are I still throw up. Anytime I cough, I end up gagging and needing to vomit. Gross. It stinks right now because I have a cold (not that I wasnt already backed up with excess mucus, but now it's even worse lol) and cough. I'm gagging the whole day, lol. Hooray!

My mood swings are in full-gear as well. Mostly, I feel fine one minute to another; I am finding myself getting angry much easier than normal. Yesterday I had a few hours to myself and ended up vegging out on the couch watching a movie and all but cried through the whole thing. Aren't hormones fun? =)

I can smell EVERYTHING individually as well. Our bedroom is musty and it almost kills me to sit up here before the smell overwhelms me. Luckily with the last week or so being nice we've had the window cracked. There are certain people I cannot be around because they smell awful... I'm not talking about BO or anything... just their natural "scent" (I suppose) is too overwhelming and nasty to me. Landon smells very good to me. Probably the best smell I have come across recently as a matter of fact. Alex is next in line after that. I didn't have heightened sense of smell with Landon so this is all new to me. Kind of cool to have, but with my weak stomach it ruins it at times =(

My hips have been aching during the day the last week or so and I couldn't figure out why for a long while. The baby isn't big enough to affect me in this way yet, and it isn't my sciatic nerve. I woke up in the middle of the night a few nights ago to find that my legs were thrown every-which-way, as if I were doing advanced yoga in my sleep. Crazy! As soon as I straightened them out, my hips started aching again. LIGHT BULB!! So now I am purposely waking myself up in the night a few times to correct my legs if they are all kinds of twisted. I don't know why I sleep so awkward when I'm pregnant. I did this with Landon too, except I gave myself charlie horses all the time. Weird!

Other than all that, though, I am feeling good! I have plenty of energy... I still want to take a power nap sometimes but I remember being MUCH more tired than this with Landon. I don't mind having this energy though =) I feel guilty when I take naps while Landon is around... he's such a sweetie and will let me for a good 30-60 minutes without getting into mischief but I would rather be awake and playing with him than napping.

No comments:

Post a Comment