Sunday, February 12, 2012

7 weeks today

Sprout will grow to be about the size of a blueberry this week (approx 1/2"). Doubling in size in a matter of a weeks time is nothing short of miraculous :) I took a picture of myself at four weeks and I took one this morning of 7 weeks... I actually look like I have lost some tummy bloat.... probably due to the lack of food I have eaten. Nothing sounds appetizing, ever. I have to force myself to snack every few hours or else I am beyond nauseous... I am usually nauseated all the time but its minimal and I can live with it. Overall it sucks, but its nice to have a symptom to tell me all is normal with Sprout and that he/she is getting bigger and stronger.

Morning sickness usually occurs when HCG levels get to a certain point your hormones start kicking into high gear. Not everyone reacts to the hormones produced the same way so not every woman has morning sickness. After your HCG peaks at a certain level in pregnancy, it tends to decrease (slowly or quickly) and is usually around the end of the first trimester. Your body tends to learn to adapt to the hormone changes, and combined with the lowered HCG, many womens nausea subsides and they feel "normal" again. Not all women are the same... unfortunately I am one of the average girls who has morning sickness but I hope it disappears in time (unlike with Landon)

No comments:

Post a Comment