Friday, February 17, 2012

Introducing....... baby Sprout!

I had my first ultrasound on Wednesday (the day after Valentines) and despite everything going just fine with this pregnancy, I was so nervous upon the "moment of truth". First off, I was supposed to go to the doctor's office at 8am. Alex was excited because he didn't need to be at work until 10 and wanted to see our little miracle. I walked in the office and they informed me that the doctor had an emergency c-section and wouldn't be back until later. I rescheduled my appointment for 1pm the same day... I was sad, but mostly because Alex wouldn't get to be there.... At least it was the same day though!! =)

So fast-forward to 1pm... Landon and I show up at the doctor's office again and wait patiently in the waiting room. The nurse opens the door and calls my name, to which my son prances over to her and says, "Hi doctor, we are here to see a baby." She giggles and tells him she's the doctor's helper and asks if he is excited to see his sibling. He announces again to another nurse in passing, "My mommy made a baby ALL BY HERSELF." He did nothing but charm the pants off of all the nurses =) My little prince... lol

I thought they were going to do a trans vaginal ultrasound (basically, stick a machine in your hoo-haa to see the baby) but to my surprise, the doctor wanted to try through the abdomen first. I got really nervous at the last moment thinking, "What if this was really all in my head?? What if there's a baby but no heartbeat?"

Almost as quickly as I started worrying, the doctor went to work and in no time at all saw our little Sprout. Landon was confused and asked where the baby was, so I pointed to the screen for him. He exclaimed, "That doesn't look like a baby! Mom, you're crazy!" The doctor got a good laugh from it and I explained that it's a tiny baby right now but would grow to be adorable and look like a baby. He mulled it over in his head for a good couple minutes, then told me, "It's not very cute.... I'm going to play the DS." >.< What a goof!

Dr. Brondz told me I was measuring 7weeks and 4days which was "behind" what he thought. I was BEAMING and told him it was only a day ahead of what I was predicting. So officially, we are due September 29th! This little bean had a strong heartbeat of 158bpm and was absolutely perfect! I could not have asked for a more perfect scenario for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment