Thursday, October 13, 2011

Bizzarre Dream

It was so surreal. That's the best way to describe it... I don't believe in ANY way that dreams predict the future, but I do think they mean something when they leave you with a feeling this strong. Who knows what it really means, but I feel like I need to figure it out...

The whole dream could have been 100% real... except that I don't think 10 years from now we will be living on the beach, nor do I think we will be able to fly like DragonBall Z characters (LOL!!).

But in any case, it WAS ten years into the future and we lived in a beach house LITERALLY a block away from a vacant, private beach. Alex and I were in our house, working on some kind of model for whatever kind of work we did (this part was a bit hazy). However, we had three kids. Three beautiful kids: Landon, who was now 13/14-years-old, an 8/9-year-old girl named Lyla (I remember this clearly), and a 3-year-old little boy (whom I believe was named Hayden or something of the sort... his name was another fuzzy part.) Lyla had convinced Landon and Hayden to go out and try body surfing by themselves in the ocean. Alex and I had strict instructions for the kids: They were NOT to go swimming by themselves, at least without telling us about it first... I guess the waves on our private beach were much stronger than any other beach, although it looked like any other typical beach so I'm not sure why this would be true. Again, dreams are silly sometimes...

So somehow Lyla outsmarted Landon into thinking it was okay for the boys to do as I stated above, so off they went. As soon as Landon and his little brother were submerged in the ocean a good 6-7 feet from the shore, Lyla came running to Alex and I to tattle on her brothers. After the boys told us what had happened and how Lyla tricked them, I remember thinking to myself, "Wow, my daughter is such a clever, intelligent little asshole." Ahahahahahaha! Of course I would never think of my children as assholes... what a terrible parent I would be!

There was a million other things that happened in the dream, and a lot more detail that I don't care to get into... but what really stuck with me was the fact that we had three beautiful, amazing children about the ages apart that we'd wanted, and that my daughter's name needs to be Lyla. I woke up all but aching to hold her... I don't know if we will ever have a daughter. I have a feeling we won't... but if we do, Alex and I already decided that "Lyla" was a beautiful name and that will be her name. Lyla Adelle. I still like the name Evelynn Elise, but I have a couple friends who named their girls Evelyn, and a couple friends who have daughters middle/first names Elise.... I just don't feel like it fits anymore. Alex does not, however, like the name Hayden. I used to babysit a boy named Hayden when I was younger, and I completely agree that we will never have a son with this name. We aren't even sure if we will have three kids or not.. I would love three, but it all depends on our financial state down the road.

But I do know that if we are to have a daughter next, her name will be Lyla Adelle. It's so beautiful and sounds powerful to me. Alex is fond of the name, though I don't think it struck him quite the way it did me. It almost sounds too simple, but I don't know that I've met anybody with the name Lyla or Lila. It just feels right!

No comments:

Post a Comment